Can I host my site on my own server/hosting company?
There are many hosting companies and unlimited amount of server setups and configurations. Archetype™ is a managed website system is designed around a single server configuration and setup and therefore is more stable than just using any generic hosting setup. Because it's managed system everything from the database to the wysiwyg editor are taken care of for your clients.
Is the hosting company that runs Archetype™ websites any good?
Currently all Archetype™ websites are served through Rackspace®, a world leader in hosting solutions. Rackspace® provides an unprecedented 100% network uptime guarantee. Combined with their Fanatical support, a higher quality fully managed website can't be found anywhere else.
Can I keep my current email provider if I move my site to Archetype™?
Yes. If you have control over you DNS settings for you domain you just point the domain to your Archetype™ provider's IP address, and leave your MX records (Mail eXchange) pointing to whatever email provider you want.
Also, if your DNS is being setup through Archetype, then your provider can have your MX records updated to point to whatever service you want.
How does it work to move email over to be run by Archetype™ if I already have email accounts on another system?
Once you have started the process of transfering your site, most of the work is done by your Archetype™ provider.
- Provide a list of email accounts to your Archetype™ provider.
- Your provider will setup the accounts for you, and default passwords.
- The DNS settings for your domain name are updated.
- Once your site goes live, all your email will automatically be sent to your new accounts.
- All email account passwords can be updated via webmail.
Is there webmail access for my email?
Yes. Webmail will be accessible at webmail.archetypewebsites.com or through your own domain. (eg, webmail.example.com )
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Does Archetype™ support SEF (Search Engine Friendly) links?
Yes. This feature needs to be specifically enabled to ensure that the content managers know how to create and manage links.
Can you control meta tags and descriptions?
Yes. Meta tag information is set per page.
How do you setup a new website?
Adding a new website to an Archetype™ reseller account is very simple.
- Login to your reseller website.
- Click Administration>Websites>Add New Website
- Enter the domain name for the new site.
- Click "Save"
- Update the domain names DNS settings to point to the reseller's IP address.
That's it. It may take up to 24 hours for a site to go live. This is simply a limitation of DNS and is normal.
Domain Names & DNS Settings
There are 2 ways:
(or to a dedicated IP address for your site, if one has been setup)
- Update the DNS records with an A record to point at your Archeytpe provider's IP address.
- Update DNS name servers to point to: